Friday, July 27, 2012

Sewing for Grandchildren

Well, Hi there!
I know it's been a super long time since I've posted, believe me, I've been knitting and sewing my fingers to the bone, gardening too, when I can get out there.

  How have you all been?
I hope you're well and getting lots of studio time.  That's important in our lives, I think, to help us relax, exercise our minds.

Our grandson is due a week from today.  Momma is having lots of aches as everything stretches.  Do you remember those days.  We are so very excited and can't wait to hold him.  They live in Ct, so it is a much anticipated trip.  

I have gotten a few things made, knitted a sweater and blanket to match.  I'd love to share them, but they were sent for the baby shower.  

These are some burp pads I made for them.  A bunch went up for the shower, but I'm continuing to make them, since as we know, you never have enough.  Gratefully, I have an embroidery machine, so I can whip these up quickly.

Here are waterproof pads, could be used as lap pads.  Are you familiar with the newer cloth diapers which come with a waterproof outside attached?  No more rubber pants.   Our youngest used them with our granddaughter, and I think they are terrific.  You can purchase the waterproof fabric at Joanne's, and make diapers and all manner of useful baby items.  There's a book of great ideas, even one on making the diapers. Oh, how things have changed!!

Since this is about sewing for grandchildren, this is a picture of a dream come true.  As she's now 3, it's time to share my passions with her, at least on a small scale.  I had several charm pieces left over from other projects, and I asked her which ones she liked.  Of course, she chose all of them!  She was very good about keeping her hands away, and loved learning how to pin.  I didn't really show her, she just watched and copied what she saw me doing. Oh, how she wanted to get her hands in there, and kept drawing mine away, telling me to be careful.
Don't we all dream of teaching at least our granddaughters how to sew?  I can't wait till we can actually work together, I hope she loves this as much as I do.  

Well, my friends, it's' time to get dinner on, scallops tonight. We love our fresh seafood, do you?
Drop me a line, I love hearing from you. 
 Be safe. 
Till next time
Linda

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Linda! So good to hear from you! How excited you must be to have another grandbaby! I am waiting for my first, but I guess The Baby needs a husband first! That may be a few years away! You seem to have been busy, busy, busy. I hope you will be posting more often! I look forward to seeing what you are up to!

Linda said...

Thank you Cynthia,
I always plan to be more active, but then get sidetracked. I've definitely been busy making baby things and teaching beginning quilting classes, but since I enjoy blogging, I need to stay on it.
Thanks for missing responding, I love hearing from you. I will make a point of looking for your posts.
How are you all doing with the heat? I consider us cooler this year, the humidity is definitely less in the early morning and evenings.
Linda