Sunday, January 24, 2010

Good morning,
I've been studying the Psalms of Ascent with Beth Moore. Are you familiar with her work? I learn so much from her, not only because she pulls out new and interesting gems from the scriptures, but because she writes to a woman's heart. She's truly gifted, try her some time.
Yesterday I began work on a Valentine table runner. I've alway wanted to make more seasonal items, now's the time to start.
This week I finished the wall hanging for our first, and only, grandchild. It's from a book, Color Me Baby. It's been out for a while, not sure if it's still in print. But you color the image with crayon, heat set it, then outline stitch around the motif. Fast, easy, fun and pretty cute. It will be a wall hanging for her room.
I like to do handwork at night, so this week, I began a sampler based on Mystic, Ct. I bought this almost 3 years ago, with no idea our oldest would be living there today. Who'd a thunk it?? Guess it will have to be a gift for her.
It's time to get the day started. Hope all's well in your part of the world. Drop me a line, love to hear from you. Soon, I hope to get pics on this thing!!

No comments: