Thursday, February 17, 2011

It's Been a Good Week

It's been a busy week in the studio, and this is the fruit of those labors. I finished quilting the body of the Fall quilt, and started on the leaves. I like the way the variegated thread shows up on them. Enough to be playful, but not too much, I think. I plan to echo around the leaves. Not sure how to fill the large area in between the sets of leaves. I think the blank area seems even more daunting since it's all one light color. The emptiness seems more vast to me! I see I posted the same pic 2x, sorry about that!

The other day I posted poor Marianne with Casey sitting on her.
This is what she's looking like when she's not being used as a sit-upon. Of all the things I do, I still love stitching by hand more than anything. I savor working on her.
Remember the fabrics I showed you for the twirly skirt? Well, here it is all done. It's reversible. I tried to show you the other side, but I can't add another photo to this post. Is there a way around that, do you know? Anyway, our GD's 2nd birthday is tomorrow, and she's head over heels for Minnie, hence this fabric. These make up in about an hour. Really easy.
The white fabric is white on white daisies. The trim is red with small white polka dots. I think she'll look really cute in it. Especially wearing the Minnie flip flops we got her last month!

I'm knitting the cuff on the gray socks, only a couple rows to go and they will be done!! So, yesterday a friend asked me to go the yarn shop, I accepted and this is the damage I did. I love, love these colors. Don't you? I think they'll make yummy socks.


If I don't get back to you over the weekend, have a fun and safe one. I look forward to hearing from you.
Blessings,
Linda




2 comments:

John'aLee said...

Hi there! I just wanted to thank you ever so much for putting me on your blog roll!
Scrolling through your blog....your work is beautiful!! Love the applique.
You mentioned you posted a pic twice. Did you know you can click on it and remove any one you want to as well as make it larger or smaller when you are posting? You can also write a caption under it.
Sometimes with blogger while posting pics IT posts them twice. I've had that happen often.
I look forward to getting to know you better!
Happy Quiltin!

Linda said...

Hi John'aLee
I'm so happy to have you join my blog!! I love yours and how creative you are. I'd love to have a blog like yours!
Thank you for complimenting my work. I love working with my hands more than anything.
I tried clicking on the pic to remove it, but I swear it didn't offer the cut or delete option. Maybe I just didn't see it!
No, I didn't know about captions. I'll look for the option to do that.
We ae back from the birthday party. What fun. Back to blogging this week. Need to get busy so I have something to share.
Linda