Monday, February 7, 2011

Marianne Wenn Sampler

For anyone who's interested in stitching, I've ordered the Marianne Wenn sampler from Needleprint. ( I can't seem to share the link ) It's an antique reproduction, which I've loved since childhood.
This morning, I was thinking of when I first encountered samplers. I was in elementary school, and the history lesson spoke of how young girls made samplers. I was hooked, and asked mom to get me one as soon as I got in the door that day She did her best to get me a pattern, not so readily available those days, and I still have the little piece safely tucked away. If I could get to it, I'd share it here.
So, I can blame this current purchase on Terri of Chocolate for Breakfast, Stitching for Lunch. She shared the sampler, the link is on her blog, and I must, must stitch it.
I guess I'm busted since I said I wasn't going to buy anything new. My justification :) is that I can't work on my sewing machine in front of the TV, in the family room, spending time with the hubby. The aforementioned sampler is for just such a time as that!!
How was that?
Pretty good??
I knew you'd sympathize!!
So, tell me, were you as disappointed in the super bowl commercials as I was?
Blessings,
Linda

2 comments:

LiahonaGirl said...

I love Marianne Wenn too -- but am not ready to add it to my to-do stitching list. I look forward to seeing your progress on it, as well as Terri's.

Linda said...

Thanks, Nancy,
I'm sure Terri will be done before I will!! It willb e fun to see her progress. I'll be sharing the process,
Have a blessed day,
Linda