Tuesday, February 2, 2010


I've been under the weather the last couple of days. Trying to get a virus, so rest, liquids, herbals, prayer, and I feel better tonight. Definitely haven't had the energy to go into the sewing room, but I wanted to get this picture of the Hawaiin quilt uploaded. This is it in the quilting frame, it shows the borders. As you may know, Hawaiin quilts traditionally depict their flowers. And they're usually red and white. Our daughter loved these batiks, hence I used those instead. I love the effect. Our other two daughters each want one now too. I think that's pretty funny!!

2 comments:

Chocolates4Breakfast (Terri ~ Boog) said...

What a beautiful quilt, Linda. My DH has two sisters that live on Oahu and they all have quilts. I wanted to buy one last time I was there but ran out of time. Yours is a great variation - the colors are just fabulous! Thanks for visiting my blog. I have added you to my blog roll so I can keep up with your pretty doings!

Linda said...

Terri
When I saw you are a follower, I got so excited!! This is fun. Thanks, I'm looking forward to getting to know you and sharing the projects. When our daughter was in Hawaii, she was in Kona. She loved it there, but is in Ct now for work. Sometimes, I think she'd go back in a heartbeat. There are a few great books available on Hawaiin quilts, where they've broken up the flower designs so they are more than one fabric. I plan to try that---someday.
Linda